Making a Booking

How do I make a booking?
  • We accept bookings over the phone or via email. You can also get in touch via the Booking Enquiry tool on the website homepage
  • A non-refundable deposit of £150 per week of hire is required to confirm a booking
  • The remaining balance will be due 6 weeks before your motorhome hire begins
  • Bookings made within this 6 week period require payment of the full amount
How do I Pay?
  • There are 4 options available:
  • 1. By card over the phone through calling our office
  • 2. Through sending your credit or debit card details in our Payment Authorisation Form
  • 3. Directly into our bank account – I can send you our bank account details
  • 4. Or through an International Bank Transfer, if you are paying from a foreign bank account
  • Please let us know which one works best for you.
How is the hire charged?
  • Motorhome rates are based on a per calendar day basis. The first and last day of your rental are calculated as rental days.
What charges apply if I cancel my booking?
  • The £150.00 booking deposit is non-refundable
  • After paying the amount in full 6 weeks prior to the collection of your motorhome 100% of total hire charge is non-refundable.
  • Unfortunately we cannot postpone or transfer money from one hire to another. All bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable.
  • We advise all clients to take out travel insurance for their booking in case of any unforeseen circumstances.
Is there a minimum rental duration?
  • Yes, throughout the year there is a 3 night minimum hire period. There is a 7 night minimum hire period from June to September. However Glory Days Motorhomes reserves the right to increase the minimum hire period for certain off-peak events, such as Christmas and New Year.
What is the credit card surcharge?
  • The credit charge surcharge is 3%. For debit cards there is a surcharge of 1%. BACS and transfers are free of charge.Please note international bank transfers may incur a charge.
What is the security deposit?
  • A Security deposit of £500.00 is held as a pre-authorisation payment. It is payable on collection of the motorhome on a credit or debit card. The card holder must be present at the office.
Do you do one-way hires?
  • Unfortunately we cannot offer this. Motorhomes must be picked up and dropped off at our storage depot in Leith, Edinburgh.

Where can I pick up and drop off my motorhome?

    • Our motorhomes are kept in at a depot at the following address:

125 Pitt Street

  • We offer collections and drop-offs from various points around Edinburgh city (including the airport) and then we can deliver you to our Motorhome storage depot. Please contact our office for prices from exact locations.
Can I securely leave my car?
  • Yes.  You can leave one car at our secure, sheltered depot for no extra cost. Multiple cars will incur an additional charge.
Does every driver have to be there on pick up?
  • Yes. All persons planning to drive the vehicle must be there at pick-up to meet a member of Glory Days Motorhomes staff and have their documentation checked before reading and signing the rental agreement.
When can I pick up the motorhome?
  • Motorhomes collection times will be from 3pm at a pre-agreed time with a member of our staff. During off-peak periods we are able to offer greater flexibility for collection hours so please contact our office directly if this is needed. Please allow for one hour at the depot in order to complete both your paperwork and your personalised vehicle handover.
What do I need to pick up my motorhome?
  • All drivers of the motorhome must be present and be able to show the following:
  1. Full valid driving license (including paper counterpart if relevant)
  2. International license if required
  3. If a British driver you must have shown the office your Driving License Summary pdf (see below for details)
  4. If your driving license is not in English we recommend that you have a translation of it by an authorized translation service, in the unlikely event that the police stop you.
  5. Passport (non-British)
  6. 2 Utility or mobile bills or bank statements to confirm your home address if it is different from your license address
  7. Valid credit or debit card for the pre-authorisation payment

Failure to supply these documents at pick-up can result in refusal of hire due to insurance purposes- therefore please be sure to ask for any clarifications on these before leaving for your trip. In the case of a refusal due to lack of paperwork no refund can be issued.

How do I access my Driving License Summary online?
  • Since June 8th 2015 the DVLA have scrapped the counterpart section of British driving licenses. Now this section is available online, for us to be able to insure the drivers we need to be able to check their licenses are clean.
  • For this we need you (the driver) to log into the DVLA website at https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence (log in requires driving license number, NI number and postcode). Then select the tab on the top titled “ Share your license information”. On that page you should now be able to select “Create a code”. This will then give you a code and the option to “View, print or save your license information”. If you could please save this document and email it to the office then we can print it and put it with your records. Or if you would prefer, you can email your code and the last 8 characters of your driving license then we can access the information ourselves online. This all needs to be completed within a week of your departure.

Will I be shown how to use my Motorhome before driving?

  • Yes all drivers will be provided with a complementary one hour personalised handover. You will be taught how to use your motorhome and you will have the opportunity to ask any questions that you may have.

Insurance & Accident Liability

Are there additional fees for extra drivers?
  • Yes, your first driver is included in your rental cost, fees of £25 per week apply for each additional driver. You can have up to 3 drivers per vehicle. All drivers must be present to collect the Motorhome with their correct documentation.
Is there any excess on the insurance?
  • Yes there is an excess of £500.00 on the insurance policy. Collision Damage Waiver can be taken out at an additional charge of £15.00 per day of hire which will reduce the excess on the policy to £0.00. This does cover your tyres and windscreen.
What does the Collision Damage Waiver cover?
  • The CDW covers the driver in case of damaged caused for which the driver is not at fault
  • If CDW is taken, the hirer will remain fully liable for any Overhead damage, damage caused through reversing, replacement or repair to windows, as well as any internal damages or any damage costs caused through gross negligence.
  • Minimum term for CDW is 5 days in winter and 7 days during the summer, maximum term is 21 days. This does cover your tyres and windscreen.
  • Please see our terms and conditions for full details.
Do you have Vehicle Assistance while I am on the road?
  • Yes we do. During your vehicle handover you will be given the number and policy details with which to contact our 24 hour vehicle assistance should you need it.
Can I drive off-road with this vehicle?
  • No, you must stay on road at all times – our vehicles are not designed for off-roading!
How old do I need to be to drive a motorhome?
  • Generally, drivers must be between the age of 25 and 75. They must fit within our insurance criteria (have held a full and  valid driving licence for over 2 years, have no major driving convictions and only 2 or less minor convictions, and have 1 or less claims on their insurance.
  • If you are aged between 23-24 years old or 75-79, we may be able to insure you, provided you fit within our insurance criteria. However it is likely that we will need to take a larger security deposit to cover your increased excess. Please approach our office directly to discuss the possibility of your insurance.
  • If you are unsure about any of these criteria or whether you would be eligible, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our office and we will do our best to get back to you with a quick clarification.
  • Unfortunately we are unable to insure anyone under 23 years old or over 80 years old.
Do I need a special licence to drive a motorhome?
  • No, a full and valid licence is adequate so long as it fulfils the previously mentioned criteria.
What driving licences do you accept?
  • We can accept driving licences from the following countries: Australia, Canada, Hong Kong (if previously held UK licence), South Africa, Republic of Ireland, New Zealand, USA, Andorra, Austria, Belarus*, Belgium, Bermuda*, Bosnia*, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong*, Hungary, Iceland, Israel*, Italy, Latvia*, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro*, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia*, San Marino*, Serbia*, Singapore*, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey*
  • *Additional £500 excess applies to drivers with licences from these countries (Driver must be within warranty)
What licences do you not accept?
  • We cannot accept driving licences from the following countries: Afghanistan, Africa, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Fiji, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Malaysia, Moldova, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Seychelles, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Sudan
  • Drivers from the following countries and areas will need to be referred to ensure they are within the driving warranty: Albania, Caribbean Islands, China, Japan, Kosovo, Macedonia, Saudi Arabia, South American countries, United Arab Emirates
Can I drive the Motorhome if I have points on my licence?
  • We can accept up to 2 sets of 3 points per driver, for example speeding fines (i.e. SP30) or a mobile phone offence (i.e. CU80). For example 1 standard speeding fine (sp30) 3 points and 1 mobile phone offence (cu80) 3 points is perfectly acceptable as it accumulates no more than 3 points on each offence and totals 6 points
  • However, another example such as Driving without insurance (i.e. IN10) giving 6 points may not be able to be insured, even though this fits within the limit this offence is more than 3 points.
  • We may not be able to arrange cover for convictions with the following codes: AC, BA, CD, DD, DR, MS, TT, UT and IN so please contact the office.
  • For all major convictions, of 6 points please contact our office directly as we will need to refer this to our insurer.

The Vehicle Itself

What is included in a Glory Days Motorhome Package?

  • Free Secure Parking for a car
  • 1hr Personalised vehicle familiarisation handover
  • Full User Manual
  • Latest Specification Motorhomes
  • Unlimited Mileage
  • Comprehensive UK Insurance for 1 driver
  • 24hr Roadside Assistance and Breakdown cover for UK & Europe
  • UK Driving Kit: high visibility vest, first aid kit, warning triangles and beam benders
  • Large Format UK Atlas
  • Discounted membership for UK Camping Club
  • Campsite Guide
  • Toilet Chemicals
  • DAB Radio
  • CD stereo system
  • TV and DVD player
  • Oven
  • Kitchen Essentials: crockery, cutlery, pots, pans, kitchen utensils and kettle
  • Luggage Storage
  • Starter pack: toilet rolls, washing up liquid, tea towel, sponges, rubbish bag and matches
  • 6 or 4 seatbelts dependent on
  • Reverse Camera
  • Cat 1 Alarm System
  • Solar Panel
  • BBQ Point
How many miles per gallon can I expect from my Motorhome?
  • Our Motorhomes run off 25 miles per gallon.
Can we hire a GPS system from you? What is the cost?
  • Yes you can hire a GPS from us. The cost per day is £4 per day.
    Our Satellite Navigation system is the Snooper Sat Nav, more information can be found at www.snooper.co.uk
Do you offer any additional hire items?
  • Yes, we offer additional hire items and services. For a full list of these and their stated prices see our Additional Extras page. We offer a great value for money Premium Weekly package. This saves you over £70 on a number of useful extra comforts. To extend the Premium package for two weeks is an extra £100, making luxury affordable.
Is linen included in the Motorhome price?
  • No, Linen and towels are provided as a Linen Pack which costs £10 per person. If you decide to purchase the premium package, linen and towels will be provided for entire party.
Do I need to bring a plug adaptor?
  • Our motorhomes are fitted with British Standard 3-pin plugs (BS 1363). You will need to bring an adaptor if you have electrical appliances with other plug types.
Does the CD player in the vehicle connect to an IPod/ MP3 player?
  • This is not provided but a aux cable/usb can be hired at an additional charge of £2 per day
Can I take my pet on the Motorhome?
  • Yes, we have some vehicles specifically for pets. There is an extra £20 cleaning fee charge to ensure that our vehicles stay suitable for all. Though you are also responsible for any additional damage a pet may cause. Charges from this will taken from your security deposit.
Can we smoke in the vehicle?
  • No, unfortunately you cannot smoke inside our Motorhome.
Can we watch TV whilst driving the vehicle?
  • The 16” Avtex TV that we have installed in the motorhome is reportedly the best TV for motorhome coverage, picture and sound quality. They are specially adapted to use less power than other Motorhome TVs. They use low frequency to achieve their good quality pictures and great viewing angles. The Avtex also tunes very quickly and picks up lots of channels.
How and where do I dump my waste?
  • Your handover with our specially trained member of staff will talk you through this. Our motorhomes have easy to manage and hygienic systems.
How long does the battery system last?
  • On a leisure battery it is very difficult to say exactly how long the battery lasts, as it completely depends on usage of electricity. For example if you are using the fan heater a lot it will reduce the battery life significantly. Our vehicles are fitted with solar panels so if they are getting direct sunlight the battery will be further charged, prolonging your usage. On average we would say the vehicle can last a day and a half to 2 days without being plugged into the mains or a generator because of these solar panels.
What are the benefits of connecting to the mains electric power?
  • By connecting to mains power (or a generator) all electrical appliances in the vehicle will work and will last throughout the duration of your holiday. The 240V plug sockets will work only when the vehicle is connected to mains electricity, they do not work on the leisure battery. Without connecting to the mains power the battery system lasts only around 2 days (depending on personal usage).
How long does the water supply last for?
  • The water tank holds 100litres which is a large tank for a motorhome. This would usually last 3 days if you are being conservative with water usage (i.e. not taking overly long showers) etc., however this is completely dependent on individual usage. We recommend not drinking the water from the water tank, for health reasons and this further conserves your water usage.
How do you refill the water tank?
  • It is very easy to refill the water tank in our motorhome, there is a hose pipe entrance straight into the side of the vehicle. If you are on a campsite you can hose the water straight into the vehicle. The tank is not removable, but the process of water refilling is incredibly manageable.
Can I recharge my laptop in the vehicle?
  • Yes – your laptop, tablet and mobile phone will be able to be recharged when the vehicle is plugged into the mains.
What is the storage capacity in the vehicle? Can we bring our suitcases?
  • Vehicles have adequate storage, but the more you are able to minimise this the more space your group will have. We recommend packing in soft bags for ease of storage. But yes you can bring your suitcases and there will be ample space to store these.
Are the motorhomes suitable for winter hire?
  • Yes all motorhomes have double glazing and wall and floor insulation. They are fitted with a gas heating and hot water system. An electric fan heater may also be hired for an additional charge of £10 per week.
  • However, we would not advise all routes, particularly those in Scotland, in winter weather. If you have a particular desired itinerary and plan on renting during the winter months please discuss this option with our office prior to booking. During your personal vehicle handover you will be able to discuss your itinerary and likely weather conditions and suggest alternative routes and plans.



Where can I stay in our Motorhome?
  • At Glory Days Motorhomes we always recommend staying at specified campsites for your own personal safety. Please look at the following website: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk for a list of all campsites that you can receive up to a 30% discount at through booking a Glory Days Motorhome.
Do you have a list of itineraries?
  • Yes we have a list of diverse itineraries for you to pick from: Suggested Itineraries. We can also provide a fully tailored itinerary package including all campsites, attractions and activities. Please get in contact with our office to discuss what works best for you.
How do I take advantage of the special Glory Days Motorhomes discount at some campsites?
  • To take advantage of our discount with the Camping and Caravanning Club you simply book online at one of their registered campsites at: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk. The company will only take your deposit for the booking. Then once you arrive at the site you show them the Privilege pack and key fob that will be in your vehicles, they then will take off your discount and you will pay on site. You can receive up to 30% off the listed price, depending on the campsite. We recommend booking campsites, especially in the Summer Period as they can get busy. We will reiterate all this information at your personal handover.
Do we have to book campgrounds in advance?
  • Yes, we would recommend this, especially during the summer months.
Do we have to stay at campsites in our Motorhome?
  • No but we would highly recommend it for personal safety. You cannot camp without the permission of the land owner. The laws regarding sleeping by the side of the road are unclear; often it is down to the discretion of the local authority or police. However to be safe, legal, and sure of a good night’s sleep it is always best to sleep in a designated campsite.
How can I check traffic conditions?
  • For hourly U.K traffic reports call the British Automobile Association on 01336 401 110. If you have access to the internet and are travelling in Scotland, this website is also very useful: www.trafficscotland.org.
Can I take my Motorhome to England or Wales?
  • Yes. We can provide you with suggested itineraries for here as well- just ask. Just remember that the vehicle needs returning to Edinburgh!
Can I take my Motorhome on a Ferry?
  • Please ask at our office at the time of booking

Safety and Driving

Are there any roads that I cannot drive on?
  • As long as they are fully maintained, all roads should be fine. Ensure you avoid any low bridges and over-hanging branches that could cause damage to your vehicle.
Can a Baby or Booster seat be fitted to the Motorhome?
  • Yes a baby seat and booster seat can both be fitted in the Motorhome. We do rent them at additional charge of £10 per week. According to British law children under 12 must use a car seat. Please see the following website for more information: https://www.gov.uk/child-car-seats-the-rules
What speed can I drive my Motorhome at?
  • On a dual carriage or motorway you can drive at 70mph unless otherwise stated and if suitable in road conditions. For every other road please abide by the speed limit. If you are driving slowly in order to enjoy the fabulous Scottish scenery please be mindful of other drivers and frequently pull-over safely in the designated lay-bys and passing places to let other vehicles pass you.

Motorhome Return/Drop Off

How should I return my Motorhome?
  • We ask that your motorhome please be returned in the same condition that you were given it in. Please empty all rubbish from the vehicle and fill it with a full tank of diesel and LPG Gas on your return to the depot. Any damage or excess dirt may result in the loss of some of your deposit.
What times can I drop off my Motorhome?
  • Vehicles must be returned by 10am. Vehicles returned after 10am will incur late fee of £50 per hour due to the impact this will have on other customer’s packages.
What should I do if I am delayed?
  • Please call immediately on our emergency number on 0131 341 0640.